The Man Who Sold The World

"I think rock should be tarted up, made into a prostitute, a parody of itself. It should be the clown, the Pierrot medium." (David Bowie)

Friday, September 29, 2006

Resignation


I am hereby tendering my resignation as an adult.
I have decided that I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8-year-old again.

I want to go to McDonalds and think it is a four star restaurant.
I want to sail lolly-ice sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make stepping-stones with rocks.
I want to think that M&M's are better than money because I can eat them.

I want to return to a time when life was simple,
When all that I knew were colours, multiplication tables and nursery rhymes, and it didn't bother me, because I didn't know what I didn't know and I didn't care.

All I knew was happy because I was blissfully unaware of all the things that should make me worry or upset.

I want to think that the world is fair.
I want to believe that every one is honest and good.
I want to believe that anything is possible.
I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited about the little things again.

I want to live simple again.
I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, bitchiness and back-stabbing, gossip, misunderstanding, simple words and actions being misinterpreted.

I want to believe in the power of smiles, of hugs and of a kind word or deed.
I want to believe in trust.
I want to believe in truth.
I want to believe in justice.
I want to believe in peace.
I want to believe in dreams, the imagination, mankind and making angels in the snow.

So … here is my chequebook, my credit card and my bills, take my phone … I am officially resigning from adulthood.

If you want to discuss it further, you will have to catch me first, becauseTAG! Your it!


With kind regards,
Henners

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jangan marah terus donk.....cepet tua ah :) I heard a wise man says "when u can't do anything about it, can't fight, can't accept, can't get it.....just embrace it and let it be.."

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home